What is artificial intelligence?
By definition, artificial intelligence is the theory and development of computer systems able to perform tasks that normally require human intelligence, such as visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making, and translation between languages.
What does this have to do with the fitness industry?
Can artificial intelligence help us reach our health and fitness goals? You probably haven't thought of it, but it has already started. These 5 companies below have already stepped towards the direction into integrating AI for the greater well-being of humans.
1.BOLLT Sports Technologies
- Your shoes can now have personalized fitness coaching. These BOLLT running shoes are integrated with sensors that track data as you run. They analyze your stride and give you feedback to correct any issues you may have. BOLLT also caries fitness trackers and stride sensors.
- You can now log your meals into their system and have AI analyze it to send you feedback on what nutrients you need and when.
- I've seen some concepts of this before, but Holofit has taken virtual reality to the next level. Holofit has created several virtual realities that you can apply when using their cardio equipment. You can make cardio feel like your on vacation! I don't know about you but that sounds like a blast to me, and I would be more than willing to give it a try.
4. Feedback Enterprise
- Feedback Enterprise provides you with a virtual coach. As of now, Feedback Enterprise is only working with the golf industry but, they are looking to expand into other industries. When you record your golf swing the AI automatically sends it through their system, and you can almost immediately expect feedback to improve your swing.
- Biogaming is a platform that allows physical therapists and trainers to design exercise programs that can be transformed into interactive engaging games that can be done in the comfort of the clients home.
Is my job at risk?
Before I go on, this is only my personal opinion on the subject. If you're a personal trainer or a group fitness instructor then yes I do believe your job MAY be at risk. With all these great technologies people are going to begin to realize that they can save money and save time by investing in them. If you're willing to accept that, then I believe us trainers will be able to use the technologies to create better systems, that benefit both you and your client. I will be keeping an open mind in the future and I will use anything that will be beneficial for me and my clients. I'm excited to see what AI brings to the fitness industry!
Let me know your thoughts on AI! Thanks for reading!