Here is a list of the top 3 fitness trends of 2017 and my opinions of them. Did you fall into any of these trends this year?
1. Wearable Technology
- Without a doubt this was number 1 according to the worldwide survey conducted by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). Most of you probably guessed this because you are wearing it on your wrists right now? These devices can be used for tracking sleep stages, 24/7 heart rate, step tracking, guided breathing exercises, and much more. I've yet to own any wearable fitness technology, but from what I've seen people who use it tend to give more attention to their overall fitness. If you're interested in buying one of these devices be sure to do your research beforehand as there are many on the market today. Here is a guideline for you. https://www.wareable.com/fitness-trackers/the-best-fitness-tracker
- Let's face it some of you hate the gym and you always will. There are hundreds of alternative forms of exercise and luckily you can have access to them all through the internet. Bodyweight training is number 2 on our list and I have no problem with it. If it get's people off the couch and moving then the fitness industry is making an impact. Do I think it's better than other forms of exercise? No, do whatever you enjoy, and whatever helps you attain a healthier lifestyle.
3. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Number 3 on the list belongs to high intensity interval training. I am not surprised by this at all as the population is demanding faster and more efficient ways to get in exercise. It's a great tool to add to your training but I would not replace your regular weight training schedule with HIIT, but feel free to add it in on your off days.
Other fitness trends of 2017
- Educated, certified, and experienced fitness professionals.
- Strength training
- Group Training
- Exercise is medicine
- Personal training
- Exercise and weight loss
Let me know your thoughts on the future of fitness trends, thanks for reading everyone!