Ever wonder why some people can successfully diet and some people fail miserably? We had a closer look at what makes a highly successful dieter and this is what we concluded.
5 things that make a successful dieter
- With anything in life you always have a choice. Successful dieters ALWAYS come to terms with the fact that their nutrition habits are a choice and they can always choose whats right.
2 Tracked calories and macros
- Dieting is a simple concept that the fitness industry has overcomplicated to increase sales. To become a successful dieter you need a starting point, which is why if you have ever worked with a nutrition coach they will ask you to fill out a food log. Your calories and macros are then calculated and adjusted depending on your individual goals.
- Chicken, rice, and broccoli is a great staple BUT can you eat it 24/7 without crashing? Probably not. But if you choose from a variety of lean meats, starches, and vegetables you will greatly increase your chances of success.
4 80:20 rule
- Successful dieters eat healthy 80% of the time and allow themselves to eat "treats" 20% of the time. Now depending on your goal and time frame, this might not be ideal right at the start, but to achieve longevity this rule definitely works and prevents crash dieting and binging.
- This is what the successful dieter has down to a science. We're not talking about bringing Tupperware containers out to restaurants and family functions but successful dieters do know how to plan their meals and plan ahead. Ensuring you get enough nutrients and calories throughout the day is extremely important and you can guarantee it if you plan accordingly.